This February, we're celebrating all things feel-good - from our teas, to our favorite tunes. Remember the days when we could go listen to music, in real live venues, next to other real life people?! We know, it's a bit of a distant memory now, isn't it? But that doesn't mean we have to stop sharing our favourite tunes - if anything, it's needed now more than ever!
We wanted to celebrate our feel-good teas with their own feel-good soundtrack. Music has been scientifically proven to bring people and communities together - known as the act of "musicking" (yes that is a real word, thank you very much!), it's a cornerstone of almost all cultures around the world. A 2011 paper out of Harvard University (fancy!) looked at studies showing that musical therapy can help from everything from symptoms of depression, to chronic pain, and even improve quality of sleep!
With that in mind, the time has come to visit our favorite collective DJ - team teapigs!
Now, control of the office speakers is a coveted thing. Our tastes range from rock, to house, to classical, to soul, to musicals... you name a genre, it's likely had its fair share of airtime (as well as debate time)! We are varied and diverse in our tastes, but one thing is clear - we all love music.
So, here it is. Our very own, loosely inspired mix tape - a journey through the full range of feels that'll leave your soul thoroughly refreshed.
You can check out the playlist in full over on Spotify or take a gander at the tracklist below.
What are some of your favorite feel-good tunes, and have we missed any really great one?! Let us know over on social @teapigsus
- Absolutely Smitten - dodie
- Love is Easy - McFly
- Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Proud Mary - Tina Turner
- Shake it off - Taylor Swift
- Jump in the Line - Harry Belafonte
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
- Reet Petite - Jackie Wilson
- You Can't Stop The Beat - Hairspray
- You Make My Dreams (Come True) - Hall & Oates
- South of the River - Tom Misch
- Lifted - Lighthouse Family
- Summer Breeze - Isley Brothers
- Is This How You Feel? - The Preatures
- Be More Kind - Frank Turner
- The Call - Regina Spektor
- California - The Lagoons
- Tadow - FKJ & Masego
- Blue Boy - Mac DeMarco
- Teadrop - Massive Attack
- Call it Dreaming - Iron & Wine