The holiday season is upon us, and we're loving sipping on a big ol' mug of glühwein tea. This blend is completely booze free, BUT we've got a recipe for you to make your very own mulled wine using our tea temples. It's the perfect drink for those festive parties, or to unwind with at the end of a long day of Christmas shopping! If you don't fancy using glühwein tea, our spiced winter red tea also makes a delicious alternative.
ingredients to make 1 litre (1 ¾ pints):
- 5 glühwein tea temples (or spiced winter red tea, if you prefer)
- 750ml (1 pint 6 fl oz) good quality red wine
- 250ml (8 ½ oz) water
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- ½ orange, sliced
- Ginger biscuits to serve (optional, but a must for us!)
how to make it:
1. Snip the strings off the tea temples and simply pop all of the ingredients into one big pan. Bring to just below boiling point, stirring occasionally
2. Turn the heat right down and simmer for 10 minutes
3. And voila - you're done! Serve warm.