What with the official arrival of summer, we thought we’d share one of our favorite summer drinks with you all – an iced matcha latte.
Not only will a matcha latte give you an all-natural energy boost, increase brain power, alertness and focus – it’s also just a delicious way to cool down in the summer months, and let’s be honest, quite the conversation starter thanks to its vibrant colour!
With our matcha latte sachets, we’ve become a dab hand at making matcha lattes at teapigs HQ, and thought we’d share our foolproof recipe for the perfect iced matcha latte.
You will need:
- Your choice of milk – alternative milks are our preference here.
- A whisk
- Sweetener (optional)
Our simple iced matcha latte recipe:
- Using a hand held whisk, whizz up 1g matcha (or 1 matcha latte sachet) with a splash of milk. We love brown rice or almond milk as they add a natural sweetness.
- Add your ice
- Pour over the rest of your milk
- Give it a quick mix together
- Feel free to add in a squeeze of honey or agave syrup if you've got a sweet tooth.
And that’s it - we told you it was simple!
Experiment with different milks – our go to is brown rice milk, but all alternative milks work really well with matcha (oat milk is also a new winner!) Also be sure to try out different matcha flavors – our favorite over ice is matcha mint, but matcha cocoa is a very close second!
Shop our full range of matcha latte sachets
More delicious summer drinks: