a quick, light, and super tasty quinoa salad with a matcha twist!
- 8oz quinoa
- 16oz vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- small bunch of chives, chopped
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (pumpkin & sunflower)
matcha chili dressing:
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp teapigs matcha powder
1 small red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
a few drops of honey
4 tbsp olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa. Bring the stock to the boil in a pan, and then add the quinoa. Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender and most of the stock as been absorbed. When the quinoa is cooked, the "sprouts" or "tails" will pop out of the seeds.
2. Remove from the heat and leave the steam in the pan for 6-8 minutes before draining excess liquid. Fluff up the quinoa with a fork.
3. Stir in the olive oil, red onion, avocado, arugula, cilantro, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Make the dressing by mixing together lemon juice and matcha powder until fully combined. Stir in the chopped chili and honey and whisk in olive oil.
5. Toss the quinoa salad in the dressing until everything is coaked. Sprinkle with the pumpkin and sunflower seseds and enjoy!
Want more matcha recipes? This is just of 50 yummy matcha recipes from The Book of Matcha, the second book from our co-founders, Nick & Louise.